Hundred!

I started knitting on September 22, 2009, which means that as of today, September 21, 2013, I have been knitting for four years.  And also, as of today, I have completed 100 knitting projects.  Being the nerdy knitter that I am, I've made a pie chart:


In four years, I've knit 22 hats, 18 pairs of booties and socks, 13 stuffed dolls and critters, 13 sweaters, vests, and dresses, 11 scarves, shawls, and cowls, 11 pairs of gloves, mitts, and mittens, 7 beaded bracelets (listed as "jewelry" on the pie chart, but they're all beaded bracelets) and 5 things that don't fit neatly into other categories.

Unfortunately for you, project no.100 is a stealth project gift for a friend, so you can't see it.  (I'm good at those.)  There are at least 15 projects I haven't shown to you yet, so let's start with this one, finished back in April.  The pattern is called Sheepish, and it's totally darling.  I knew as soon as I saw it that I wanted to knit one for Jo.  I took these pictures just this past week as it now fits perfectly and the weather is getting to be perfect for it.


The pockets are intarsia and I made a handful of little changes to it, but I love it and so does she.  She likes wearing her hand-knits, which I think is great.  :-D

Ok, and how about another more recent project?  This one was finished this month.  The foundation to this project is a pattern called "Wasabi the Gregarious Pug" by Rebecca Danger and it looks like this completed:


but I had a vision and turned him into this:


I call him Dumbledog, the Head-mutt-ster of Dog-warts School of Woof-craft and Wiz-arf-ry.  (Yes, I know it's a mouthful, but he turned out so fan-freakin'-tastic that I think he can handle it.)

Each star had TEN ends to weave in... I thought I was going to be weaving in gold ends for forever.  But I'm charmed by his whole personality.  He was made for a swap I took part in on Ravelry and I was very proud of myself when I put him in his box and sent him away as I really, really would have liked to keep him.

Ok, that's it for my update of four years and one hundred projects!  I'd say "more soon" but we all know how well that goes.  ;-)

Comments

  1. Anonymous22/9/13 02:18

    I love what you've done with the dog. He's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FO Friday, Post Holiday Edition

NO-vember... Moving on...

So... blogging...