Valentines, Knitting, and 40's Hairstyles

Very little knitting has occurred since my last post as the semester is now in full swing.  However I have cast on for the second Creta sock (the one in taupe) and did get a few rows done on BIL's scarf.  As it turns out, I'm going to be keeping the taupe socks and giving the multi-coloured ones to Older Sister.


The main reason for this post though is to show off my Valentine's day present.  (I'm going to take this time to mention that I am married to the best guy ever.  Y'all may contest that and argue that you have good guys, too, but mine is the best.)


 

This is my present: seven sets of four inch double pointed needles in Harmony wood from KnitPicks.  Here's a close up of one of the sets:

(Sorry... picture vanished)

(I believe that you can click on the pictures to embiggen them.)  Aren't they pretty?  And they're only four inches.  The one's I've been knitting with are seven, so I'm excited to not have to slide the needles every time I move from one needle to the next.


Let's see... in news other than knitting, Husband and I are going dancing tomorrow--our church is having a 40's/USO themed dance and Red-Headed Sister is going with her beau as well.  I'm looking forward to it; I haven't danced with Husband since December.  Sigh... I miss being able to dance all the time.  I'm actually considering doing my hair in pin curls.  The last time I did that (light... five years ago!?) I had no idea what I was doing and they turned out terribly.  But I think it's time for another go.  Besides, if I do it early enough and hate it, I can always re-wash it and do something else.


Not much going on in school:
  • I've corrected my first set of homework for the class in which I TA.  They've now moved on to the fun-fun-fun of phonetics and phonology.  (Truth.  Not sarcasm.  I love the IPA!)
  • We're looking to start adding audio files to the dictionary on Tuesday.  Woo-hoo! (Note to self- tag files that are ready for audio.)
  • And reading, reading, reading to do.
 Well, that's all for now!

Comments

  1. Older Sister13/2/10 09:34

    Fun - good luck with the curles. Happy Valentines day to you Sissy. You managed to finagle a double date with red after all...

    Have fun with you're knit picks. Oh, and embiggen? Is that really a word? I'm thinking...no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is so!!! http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Embiggen "Embiggen" even follows standard English morphological and morphophonological descriptive rules. And besides, I'm using it as a word, ain't I? That's how new words are born.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FO Friday, Post Holiday Edition

NO-vember... Moving on...

I get cranky