Super Secret Stealth Project

I've been keeping secrets...

Secrets about a "stealth project" and I've been keeping them for months now...

That's the reason that I've gotten nothing done and haven't written any posts... I might've spilled the beans...

But now it's bean-spilling time.  Oh, it's still a work-in-progress, but I've reached the point where I'm willing for it to not be so stealthy anymore...

This WIP is about two-thirds done and should be finished in January:


(The photo is a few weeks old; it's time for a new one.  My bump has gotten much bigger since!)  Oh, and for those of you who will ask, it's a GIRL!

As such, I have reexamined my knitting goals...  (I was off knitting for a few months when everything made me nauseous and caused motion sickness, including watching TV, being on the computer, or knitting.  I read a lot...)  I set a goal in January to complete at least 24 knit projects.  I have thus far completed fourteen projects.  I have a whole bunch more on the needles, but I'm not sure if I will complete ten more in the next three months.  Of course, baby sweaters and things go fast, so it may be possible.  I'm not holding myself to two-dozen anymore, though.  Whatever gets done gets done...

There were four types of projects I wanted to complete this year, and I think I've changed my mind on all of them...
1- Knit a project with beads.  I had fully intended to do this one.  But I tried a tricky pattern with beads while pregnant.  That didn't work so well...  I have decided that, while I have pregnancy brain, I am not smart enough to knit that pattern.  And I'm OK with that.  I still have yarn and beads that need something to do, but right now they're not speaking to me.  That's fine.  Maybe next year, and maybe not.
2- Knit a pair of mittens.  Well, I may do this one, but they won't be mittens for me.  They'll be mittens to fit my baby girl next winter when we will, hypothetically, be going up to Utah for Christmas with my in-laws.
3- Knit a pair of gloves. And now I wonder why this was on my list.  While it would be cool to have a pair of gloves that actually fit my fingers, I don't wear gloves all that often and am wondering why I would invest all that work.
4- Knit a pair of toe-up socks.  Again, maybe toe-up baby socks, but I don't see myself knitting a pair for myself in the next three months.  (I have two pair for me on the needles already and they take priority... not to mention the socks I've been promising Husband for months and months... ugh.)

I also made a comment about blogging more often... yeah, we all see how well that went this year!  

The only thing I've finished since my last post is a Gap-tastic cowl for my Red-headed Sister, who is planning on moving to New York next year.  Blue to go with her amazing eyes...




I've got several things in the works, including a baby sweater that's nearly done.  (I just need to finish the sleeves... round and round in tiny tubes...)  And I've completed one of my hedgerow mitts.  The second is well underway.  Maybe in my next post I'll have both to show you...

...maybe...

Comments

  1. Congratulations! You look beautiful and I am so, so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this new WIP! And I can't wait to see it when it's finished :) It's amazing how priority lists can change as circumstances change, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute post about the baby! Way to surprise everyone. So glad to have you in our January Rav group!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FO Friday, Post Holiday Edition

NO-vember... Moving on...

So... blogging...