200th project

At the end of 2017, I finished my 200th project.  It was part of a small handful of projects I crammed in for gifts at the end of the year even though I swear every year that I will not do Christmas gift knitting.  In my defense of breaking my no-deadline-gift knitting, item no.200 was for my mom, who expressed a need for a hat.  And, before I show you the picture, let me tell you that it is really hard to get a picture of the back of one's own head, but I wanted a picture that showed off the back and I need to get a picture really quickly before I gifted it.  So, with that in mind, here is my 200th knitted item:


I've been knitting for just over 8 years now, which means I'm averaging 25 projects a year.  This average is totally skewed because of 2013 in which I managed to complete 48 projects.   I made a whole bunch of beaded bracelets... maybe I should make more of those this year... 2013 was also the year in which I hit the 100 project mark.  My 100 projects post is HERE.  I made a pie chart for that post.  Naturally, I went and made another pie chart. It looks an awful lot like the first 100 pie chart.  When I compared the numbers for the first 100 items with the numbers for the second 100 items, the only thing I really noticed as being different is that I knit more shawls and fewer mitts/mittens/gloves.  The other numbers weren't very different.

The item I knit the most of is hats, so it makes sense that my 200th project is a hat.  in fact, one-fifth of what I knit is hats.  That's really interesting, since I'm not usually the one wearing them.  Of the 40 hats I have knit, only one of them belongs to me.  I never plan on knitting hats - it usually just comes up that I need to knit one, because hats are great for baby showers and friends and family who move to cold places.  Hence, the knitting of this one for my mom.  It was actually one of two that she received at Christmastime.  Here's the other (again with selfie of the back of my head), which was project 198:


And, in writing this post, I'm now thinking of all those people out there with warm heads - know that your hat was knit with love.  😘

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FO Friday, Post Holiday Edition

NO-vember... Moving on...

So... blogging...